evansme [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Ph.D., Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, 2008
- M.B.A., Radford University, 1997
- Certified Public Accountant, 1996
- B.B.A., Radford University, 1995
- Research & Teaching Assistant, Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, 2003-2008
- Audit Manager, Walker Healthcare Services Group of Cole and King, 2000-2003
- Senior Auditor, KPMG LLP, 1997-1999
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Deloitte Fellowship, 2006
- Outstanding MBA Student Award, 1997
Capital Markets, Corporate Disclosure & Governance, Auditing
Evans, Mark E., L. Hodder, and P. Hopkins (2014), "The Predictive Ability of Fair Values for Future Financial Performance of Commercial Banks and the Relation of Predictive Ability to Banks' Share Prices," Contemporary Accounting Research, 31(4): 13-44.
Aggarwal, R., M. Evans, and D. Nanda (2012), “Nonprofit Boards: Size, Performance, and Managerial Incentives,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, 53, 1-2: 466-487.