jhschroe [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 574
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Accounting, Michigan State University, 2013
- MS, Accounting, Ball State University, 2004
- BS, Accounting, Ball State University, 2003
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2013 – present
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, 2008 – 2013
- Audit Senior, Ernst & Young LLP, Indianapolis, IN, 2003 – 2008
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Michigan State University Student Excellence in Research Award, 2012
- Michigan State University Department of Residence Life Teaching Recognition, 2009
- Indiana CPA Society Top Ten CPA Exam Score Award, 2004
Auditing, Implications of Auditing/Financial Accounting Standards, Financial Disclosures, Corporate Governance, Tax
Allee, K. D., D. P. Lynch, K. R. Petroni and J. H. Schroeder, (2013), "Do Property Taxes Affect Real Operating Decisions and Market Prices for Crude Oil?" Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
Schroeder, J. H. and C. E. Hogan, (2013), "The Impact of PCAOB AS5 and the Economic Recession on Client Portfolio Characteristics of the Big 4 Audit Firms, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 32 (4): 95-127.