- Adjunct Professor Business Economics and Public Policy
- Associate Professor EALC
- Associate Professor Political Science
- PhD, George Washington University, 2002
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Associate Professor (7/06-present), Assistant Professor (3/02-6/06), Lecturer (8/00-2/02)
- Departments of Political Science and East Asian Languages & Cultures
- Director (2/07-present), Research Center for Chinese Politics & Business
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Henry Luce Foundation, for the Initiative on China and Global Governance (2010-2013)
- US Department of State, Fulbright Research Fellow, Peking University (2008-09)
- National Committee on US-China Relations, Public Intellectuals Program Fellow (2008-2010)
Contemporary Chinese Politics, Business Lobbying and Policymaking, Global Governance, U.S. -Chinese Relations.
Kennedy, Scott and Deng Guosheng (2012), “Factor Analysis of Industry Association Lobbying and Influence,” Comparative Economic & Social Systems, No. 162 July, pp. 147-156.
Kennedy, Scott (2011), Beyond the Middle Kingdom: Comparative Perspectives on China’s Capitalist Transformation, Stanford University Press.
Kennedy, Scott (2010), “The Myth of the Beijing Consensus,” Journal of Contemporary China, Vol. 19, No.65 June, pp. 461-477. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott, and Deng Guosheng (2010), “Big Business and Industry Association Lobbying in China: The Paradox of Contrasting Styles,” China Journal, No. 63 January, pp. 101-125. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2009), “Comparing Formal and Informal Lobbying Practices in China: The Capital’s Ambivalent Embrace of Capitalists,” China Information, Vol. 23, No. 2 July, pp. 195-222. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2008) “China’s Emerging Credit Rating Industry: The Official Foundations of Private Authority,” The China Quarterly, No. 193 March, pp. 65-83. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2007), “Transnational Political Alliances: An Exploration with Evidence from China,” Business & Society, Vol. 46, No. 2 June, pp. 174-200. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2006), “The Political Economy of Standards Coalitions: Explaining China’s Involvement in High-Tech Standards Wars,” Asia Policy, No. 2 July, pp. 41-62. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2005), “China’s Porous Protectionism: The Changing Political Economy of Trade Policy,” Political Science Quarterly, Vol. 120, No. 3, pp. 407-432. Read Abstract ››
Kennedy, Scott (2005), The Business of Lobbying in China, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.
Kennedy, Scott (2003), China Cross Talk: The American Debate over China Policy since Normalization, A Reader, Rowman & Littlefield, Lanham, MD.