Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez
alpedraz [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Management, INSEAD, 2011
- MS, Management, INSEAD, 2009
- MS, Economics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2004
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Universidad de los Andes, 1998
- Research Fellow, INSEAD, France, 2011
- Instructor, Research Assistant, Universidad de los Andes School of Management, 2003-2006
- Humanitarian Logistician, Office of the Mayor, Bogota, 1999-2003
- Administrative Assistant, Ministry of Environment-SENA-SECAB, 1998-1999
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Paper Award - "Global Vehicle Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Operations" - Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management Track, POMS. 2014.
- Best Paper Award - "Decentralization and Earmarked Funding in Humanitarian Logistics for Relief and Development" - Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management Track, POMS. 2012
- Best PhD Proposal Award -"Last Mile Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations"- College of Sustainable Operations, POMS, 2010
- Best Paper Award - "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross" - Ninth Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference, London Business School, 2009
Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, Sustainability, Operations Management in Emerging Markets, Global Supply Chains
- Fleet Management Coordination in Decentralized Humanitarian Operations (with S. Hasija and L.N. Van Wassenhove). Working Paper.
- Humanitarian Funding in a Multi-Donor Market with Donation Uncertainty (with A. Aflaki). Working Paper.
- Temporary Hubs for the Global Vehicle Supply Chain in Humanitarian Operations, previously "Global Vehicle Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Operations" (with J. Stauffer and L.N. Van Wassenhove). Working Paper.
- Effect of Armed Conflicts on the Productivity and Efficiency of Rural Hospitals (with A.F. Jola and Kurt Bretthauer).
- Funding Strategy Based Competition in Humanitarian Operations (with A. Aflaki).
- Logistics and Distribution for Disaster Response at the Colombian Red Cross (with J.C. Solano-Flecher and F. Torres).
- Inter-temporal Monitoring of Aid and Infrastructure Investments in Development Operations (with G. Aydin and T. Kotsi).
- Volunteer Management in Charity Storehouses (with M. Besiou).
- Social Media and Disaster Management (with L. Yang).
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso. J. and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross," Production and Operations Management, 22 (2), pp. 365-376. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "On the Use of Evidence in Humanitarian Logistics Research", Disasters, 37 (1), pp. 51-67.Read Abstract ››
Besiou, Maria, Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "Vehicle Supply Chains in Humanitarian Operations: Decentralization, Operational Mix and Earmarked Funding," Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2011), "Field Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations: A Case-based Approach," Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, No. 5, July, pp. 404-421. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, A. J., L. N. Van Wassenhove, C. Estrada Mejia, and O. Stapleton (2009), "The Armenia Earthquake: Grinding Out an Effective Disaster Response in Colombia’s Coffee Region," Case 09/2009-5610, ECCH, CCMP.