millsaf [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
- BS, College of William and Mary, 2007
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2012-present
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- 2012 Finalist, Doing Good with Good OR paper competition, INFORMS
- 2008 Excellence in Teaching Award, UNC
Healthcare Operations Management, Service Systems, Stochastic Models, Simulation
- Mills, A.F., N.T. Argon, and S. Ziya. "Dynamic Casualty Distribution in the Aftermath of a Disaster," under revision for Operations Research.
- Mills, A.F., J.E. Helm, and Y. Wang. "SURGE: Smoothing Usage of Resource is Good for Emergencies," under review.
Mills, A. F. , N. T. Argon, S. Ziya, B. Hiestand, J. E. Winslow (2014). “ReSTART: A Novel Framework for Resource-Based Triage in Mass-Casualty Events,” Journal of Special Operations Medicine 14(1): 30-39.
Frame, A. M., and A. F. Mills (2014). “Condition-Dependent Mate Choice: a Stochastic Dynamic Programming Approach,” Theoretical Population Biology, forthcoming.
Mills, A.F., N.T. Argon, and S. Ziya (2013). "Resource-Based Patient Prioritization in Mass-Casualty Incidents," Manufacturing and Service Operations Management 15(3): 361-377.