Julie Manning Magid
- Associate Professor of Business Law
- JD, University of Michigan, 1993
- AB, Georgetown University, 1988
- Associate, Baker & Daniels, Indianapolis, IN
- Associate/Summer Associate, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Columbus, OH
- Summer Associate, Crowell and Moring, Washington, D.C.
- Systems Consultant, Andersen Consulting, Chicago, IL
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Award for the Outstanding Article in Volumes 42 & 43 of the American Business Law Journal (2006)
- Indiana University Trustees’ Teaching Award (2004, 2006)
- Schuyler F. Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award (2000, 2002 and 2005)
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business Charles M. Hewitt Master Teacher (2004)
- Eighth Annual Huber Hurst Research Seminar (2004)
Business law, Employment law, Technology law
Magid, Julie Manning, Mohan Tatikonda, and Philip Cochran (2009), "Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 46, pp. 1-54.
Cochran, Philip, Mohan Tatikonda, and Julie Manning Magid (2007), "Radio Frequency Identification and the Ethics of Privacy," Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 217-229.
Magid, Julie Manning (2006), "Pregnancy Discrimination: Laboring Under Assumptions in the Workplace," in Margaret Karstan (ed.), Gender, Ethnicity and Race in the Workplace, Vol. 2, pp. 101-120.
Magid, Julie Manning (2006), "Co-Branding Requires Strong Contract Protections," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No. 4.
Prenkert, Jamie Darin and Julie Manning Magid (2006), "A Hobson’s Choice Model for Religious Accommodation Under Title VII," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 467-514.
Magid, Julie Manning, Anthony D. Cox, and Dena S. Cox (2006), "Quantifying Brand Image: Empirical Evidence of Trademark Dilution," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 43, pp. 1-42.
Magid, Julie Manning and Jamie Darin Prenkert (2005), "The Religious and Associational Freedoms of Business Owners," University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law, Vol. 7, pp. 191-224. Reprinted in International Journal of Civil Society Law (2005), Vol. 3, pp. 14-22.
Magid, Julie Manning (2001), "Pregnant with Possibility: Reexamining the Pregnancy Discrimination Act," American Business Law Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 819-856.