lid [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 650C
- Associate Professor of International Business
- PhD, Texas A&M University, 2005
- MS, Tsinghua University, 1999
- BA, Peking University, 1997
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- IU CIBER Faculty Research Awards (2007-2008)
- IU CIBER Faculty Research Awards (2005-2006)
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Doctoral Studies, Texas A&M Univ. (2004)
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research, Texas A&M Univ. (2004)
Management of Multinational Enterprises, International Strategic Alliances, Internationalization Process
Li, D., Eden, L., Hitt, M., Ireland, D. & R. Garrett Jr. (2012), "Governance in Multilateral R&D Alliances," Organization Science, 23(4): 1191-1210.
Eden, L., Li Dai, and D. Li (2010-2011), "International Business, International Management, International Strategy: What’s in a Name?," Festschrift Honoring Jean J. Boddewyn, International Studies of Management & Organization, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 54-68. To be reprinted in Denise Tsang (ed.) (forthcoming), The Routledge Companion to International Management Education, Routledge.
- Fernhaber, S. and D. Li (2010), "The Impact of Interorganizational Imitation on New Venture International Entry and Performance," Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 1-30.
- Kang, E. and D. Li (2009), "Understanding Diverging Isomorphic Pressures on Foreign Subsidiary Managers: A Contingency Model," Multinational Business Review, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-21.
Li, D., L. Eden, M. Hitt, and R. D. Ireland (2008), "Friends, Acquaintances or Strangers? Partner Selection in R&D Alliances," Academy Management Journal, Vol. 51, No. 2, April, pp. 315-334.
Miller, S., D. Li, L. Eden, and M. A. Hitt (2008), "Insider Trading and the Valuation of International Strategic Alliances in Emerging Stock Markets," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 39, No. 1, January/February, pp. 102-117.
- Li, D. and M. P. Ferreira (2006), "The Evolutionary Model of Entrepreneurial Firms’ Dependence on Networks: Going beyond the Start-up Stage," Notas Económicas, Vol. 24, December, pp. 48-63.
- Eden, L., L. Juarez Valdez, and D. Li (2005), "Talk Softly but Carry a Big Stick: Transfer Pricing Penalties and the Market Valuation of Japanese Multinationals in the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 1-17.