kwhitler [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 736-11
- MBA, University of Arizona
- BA in Psychology, Eureka College
- BA Business Administration, Eureka College
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Indiana University GPSO Research Award, 2013
- William Panschar Undergraduate Teaching Award for Associate Instruction, 2012
- Panschar Award for Outstanding Associate Instructor of the Year, Nominee, 2011
- Randall L. Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence award recipient, 2010-2013
Marketing Strategy: The impact that C-Level decisions have on the development of marketing capabilties.
Kim joined the program in 2009. Her research emphasis is in the marketing strategy domain, focusing on understanding how CMOs impact firm performance.
Krause, Ryan, Kimberly A. Whitler, and Matt Semadeni (2013), “Power to the Principals! An Experimental Look at Shareholder Say-on-Pay Voting,” Academy of Management Journal, forthcoming.
Lewis, Michael, Kimberly A. Whitler, and JoAndrea Hoegg (2013), “Customer Relationship Stage and the use of Picture-Dominant versus Text-Dominant Advertising: A Field Study,” Journal of Retailing, forthcoming.
Lewis, Michael, Kimberly A. Whitler, and JoAndrea Hoegg (2009), “No Second Chance to Make a First Impression: A Field Study of Relationship Initiation and Development,” Marketing Science Institute Working Paper Series, 9 (4), 119-146.