ctrzcink [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 356D
- James and Virginia Cozad Professor of Finance
- PhD, Purdue University, 1980
- BA, Boston State College, 1973
- MBA, Purdue University, 1977
- MS, Purdue University, 1976
- School of Management, University at Buffalo (SUNY), Sept. 1998-July 2000, Professor of Finance
- New York University Leonard K. Stern School of BUsiness, Sept. 1996 to Aug. 1998, Visiting Professor of Finance
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Sept. 1988 to Jan. 1990, Senior Research Economist
- China MBA Program Program, Dalian, China, May 1987-July 1987, Resident Dean
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, July 2000 to present, James and Virginia Cozad Professor of Finance
- School of Management, University at Buffalo (SUNY), Jan. 1986-Sept. 1996, Associate Professor of Finance
- School of Management, University at Buffalo (SUNY)., Sept. 1980-Aug. 1986, Assistant Professor of Finance
- School of Management, Syracuse University, Sept. 1979-Aug. 1980, Assistant Professor of Finance and Statistics
- Buffalo Chapter, United University Professions, 1999-2000, Vice President for Academic Affairs
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- 1995 Financial Management Association’s Silver Anniversary Best of the Best Research Award, ($3,500) and Best Paper in Investments ($1000), Financial Management Association annual meeting.
- 1993-1998 $20,000 from the Mobius Group for performance measurement of pension funds
- 1993 $10,000 from the Investment Company Institute, for research on Mutual Funds and Credit Allocation.
- 1991 MBA Professor of the Year (runner-up)
- 1990-1992 $140,000 National Science Foundation (grant number 150-4134A), "Unions and Corporate Takeovers," principal investigators Brian Becker and Charles Trzcinka.
- 1985 $7500 Bio-Technology Equipment Fund, University at Buffalo (SUNY)., "The Investigation of Option Prices and Short-Selling Constraints," principal investigator Charles Trzcinka, (report by Robert Welch).
Scuba Diving, Bicycling, weightlifting
International stock market liquidity measures; asset management;
Trzcinka, Charles, Stephen Horan, and Vahan Janjigian (2011), Forbes/CFA Investment Guide, Wiley.
Trzcinka, Charles (2010), Forbes Stock Market Course (2nd Edition), New York: Forbes Magazine.
Goyenko, Ruslan Y., Craig W. Holden, and Charles A. Trzcinka (2009), "Do Liquidity Measures Measure Liquidity?," Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 92, No. 2, May, pp. 153-181. Read Abstract ››
Chakrabarty, Bidisha and Charles Trzcinka (2006), “Momentum Strategies and Financial Databases: An Investigation of Intraday Pattern in Price Momentum,” Journal of Financial Research, Winter, pp. 441-462.
Trzcinka, Charles (2004), "Chapter 2," in Coping with Institutional Order Flow, Kluwer Academic Publishing.
Gore, Angela, Kevin Sachs, and Charles Trzcinka (2004), “Financial Disclosure and Bond Insurance,” Journal of Law and Economics, April.
Trzcinka, Charles (2003), Forbes Stock Market Course, New York: Forbes Magazine.
Kallberg, Jerry, Crocker Liu, and Charles Trzcinka (2000), “Mutual Fund of Reits: A Test of the Grossman-Stiglitz Hypothesis,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, September, pp. 387-408.
Coggin, T. D. and C. A. Trzcinka (2000), "A Panel Study of U.S. Equity Pension Fund Manager Style Performance," Journal of Investing, Vol. 9, Summer, pp. 6-12.
- Lesmond, David, Joseph Ogden, and Charles Trzcinka (1999), "A New Measure of Total Transactions Costs," Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 12, Winter, No. 5, pp. 1113-1141.
Trzcinka, Charles (1999), The Conflicting Views of Institutional Equity Investing in Financial Markets, Institutions & Instruments, Boston, MA: Basil Blackwell, Vol. 7, No. 5.