Welcome from the Director
"Since our founding in 1996, this Center has strived to bridge the gap between academic theory and real-world business practice."
Sales is all about relationships, so it's no surprise that we at the Center for Global Sales Leadership are committed to our relationships as well—with our students, with our affiliated faculty members, and, most important, with our corporate sponsors. We are funded exclusively through corporate sponsorship, and our partnerships with these firms help shape the future sales force and enhance the visibility of the profession.
Since our founding in 1996, this Center has strived to bridge the gap between academic theory and real-world business practice. We are succeeding in this endeavor. Through the Center's commitment to excellence in the sales profession and in the classroom, we:
- attract and prepare top students for professional sales careers
- provide corporate sponsors the proprietary visibility and access to students through the Global Sales Leadership Society and sales classes
- educate students with cutting-edge courses and practical business experiences beyond typical classroom learning
- develop programs and events, such as case competitions, to enhance students' professional selling, sales management, and leadership skills outside the classroom
- engage our sponsors through interaction in the sales classroom using student knowledge and ideas
- provide access to current research on selling and sales management issues to improve sales force effectiveness
Whether you are a student interested in a sales career, a faculty member with an interesting research idea, or a corporation seeking access to the bright minds that may one day become part of your sales team, the Center for Global Sales Leadership is here to help. We want to build a relationship with you!
Executive Director, Center for Global Sales Leadership
Professor of Marketing