National Team Selling Competition
- Teams received case materials a week before the event.
- The school sales teams were made up of three-four undergraduate sales students each. Each team role played as a fictional Nature's Junction National Accounts Team whose goal was to introduce a new private label popcorn line to the fictional Wildly Fresh chain of stores.†
- The materials outlined a situation in which the team first convinced†a buyer to accept this new product in a morning appointment limited to 15 minutes.†
- If the buyer accepted the proposal, then a follow up afternoon appointment was scheduled with a group of vice presidents where the team made a sales presentation based on uncovered needs from the earlier appointment.†The afternoon presentation was limited to 20 minutes.†
- The teamsí presentations were taped for them to review their performance later
- Judges provided detailed feedback on each teamís performance after the afternoon appointment.