National Team Selling Competition
- Teams received case materials two weeks before the event.
- The school sales teams were made up of three-four undergraduate sales students each. Each team role played as co-owners of fictional Home Plate Brew whose goal was to introduce their product into fictional Booley Express convenience stores.
- The materials outlined a situation in which the team first convinced a buyer to accept this new product in a morning appointment limited to 15 minutes.
- If the buyer accepted the proposal, then a follow up afternoon appointment was scheduled with a group of vice presidents where the team made a sales presentation based on uncovered needs from the earlier appointment. The afternoon presentation was limited to 20 minutes.
- The teams’ presentations were taped for them to review their performance later
- Judges provided detailed feedback on each team’s performance after the afternoon appointment.