vkhatri [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 560F
- Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Arthur M. Weimer Faculty Fellow
- Co-Director, Kelley Institute for Business Analytics
- PhD, University of Arizona, 2002
- MBA, Management Studies, University of Bombay, 1994
- BE, Electronics, Malaviya Regional Engineering College, 1992
- Associate Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2008–present
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2002–2008
- Assistant Consultant/Consultant, IBM Consulting Group, India, 1995–1997
- Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, India, 1994–1995
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- 2011 Provost's Award for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity, Indiana University
- 2011 Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2010, Trustees' Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2008 Harry C. Sauvain Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2007, Outstanding MSIS Faculty Award, awarded by the graduating MSIS Class.
- 2005 and 2008, Nominated for the best paper award at HICSS in the "Collaboration Systems and Technology" track.
- 2007 Finalist for the best paper award for "Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context" by the Decision Sciences Journal.
- 2003 SBC Fellow, Indiana University.
- 2000 Jim L. LaSalle Award for Teaching Excellence by a Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Management Information Systems, University of Arizona.
Data lifecycle management, Data visualization, Predictive analytics, Semiotics and database design, Cognitive aspects of data management, Data governance
Khatri, Vijay, Sudha Ram, Richard T. Snodgrass, and Paolo Terenziani, “Capturing Telic/Atelic Temporal Data Semantics: Generalizing Conventional Conceptual Models,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, forthcoming. Read Abstract ››
Khatri, Vijay and Carol V. Brown (2010), “Designing Data Governance,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 148-152. Read Abstract ››
Montoya, Mitzi, Anne P. Massey, and Vijay Khatri (2010), “Connecting IT Service Operations to Service Marketing Practices: Trust in IT Service Providers,” Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 65-85. Read Abstract ››
Massey, Anne, Vijay Khatri, and Mitzi M. Montoya-Weiss (2007), “Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context,” Decision Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 277-308. Read Abstract ››
Khatri, Vijay, Iris Vessey, Sudha Ram, and V. Ramesh (2006), “Cognitive Fit between Conceptual Models and Internal Problem Representations: The Case of Geospatio-Temporal Conceptual Schema Comprehension,” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Vol. 49, No. 2, June, pp. 109-127. Read Abstract ››
Khatri, Vijay, Iris Vessey, V. Ramesh, Paul Clay, and Sung-Jin Park (2006), “Understanding Conceptual Schemas: Exploring the Role of Application and IS Domain Knowledge,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, March, pp. 81-99. Read Abstract ››
Ram, Sudha and Vijay Khatri (2005), “A Comprehensive Framework for Modeling Set-based Business Rules during Conceptual Database Design,” Information Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, April, pp. 89-118. Read Abstract ››
Khatri, Vijay, Sudha Ram, and Richard T. Snodgrass (2004), “Augmenting a Conceptual Model with Geo-spatio-temporal Annotations,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 11, November, pp. 1324-1338. Read Abstract ››