Master of Science in Information Systems
You'll be ready to manage information technology for major corporations.
MSIS graduates have a 95 percent placement rate. The MSIS degree blends business and technology education to prepare you for a career as a business technologist. Our graduates get jobs with leading professional service and IT consulting firms and corporations such as Abbott, Accenture, Cigna, Citi, Cook, Cummins, Deloitte Consulting, PwC Advisory, EY, Great American, Infosys, John Deere, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Protiviti, and Whirlpool.
Our innovative curriculum will hone your knowledge of how corporations use technology to address business problems, whether you are an international student with a technology degree or a Kelley or U.S. student coming to the program with an undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, informatics, accounting, finance, or management.
- 30 credit hour, full-time graduate degree
- Complete the degree in two or three semesters. International students can expect to be on a three semester model.
- An entering class is typically 100 students. However, individual class sections are small with fewer than 50 students.
- The curriculum blends classroom instruction with experiential learning to prepare students to meet the needs of the contemporary IT market.
Business: MBA electives complement coursework in areas such as consulting, general management, and supply chain management. Sharpen your soft skills through participation in various experiential learning opportunities such as case competitions and a capstone project.
Technology: Learn best practices and standards such as COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO 17799, and SAP.
MSIS Experiential Learning:
- Capstone Project: Students of varying backgrounds work together as a team for one semester to address problem presented by a corporate client. Covering both the business and technical aspects of the problem, the teams interview clients and potential systems users, conduct market research, and translate client needs into a requirements document. Company partners have included: Batesville Casket, Baxter, Cummins, Deloitte, EY, Hill-Rom, Humana, Mead Johnson, Roche Diagnostics, and Whirlpool.
- Case Competitions: Multiple case competitions throughout the program hone students’ “soft” skills of presentations, client engagement, and working with cross-cultural teams while recommending solutions to real-world business problems. The Kelley School has the distinction of being one of the few business schools that has a case competition focused on information systems security.
- Internships: Many of our students have internships with top companies during the course of their studies. Students also have the option of extending internships into an academic semester.
MSIS Student Association
The MSIS Student Association provides a structure for students in our small and highly selective program to form bonds that last throughout their careers.
Graduate Career Services
The Kelley School’s Graduate Career Services (GCS) office offers recruiting opportunities, career coaching, mentoring, and supports MSIS students in every aspect of the career search.