Jeffery S. McMullen
mcmullej [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 650F
- Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Gregoire, D., A. C. Corbett, and J. S. McMullen (2011), “The Cognitive Perspective in Entrepreneurship: An Agenda for Future Research,” Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 48, No. 6, September, pp. 1443-1477.
- McMullen, J. S. (2010), “Perspective Taking and the Heterogeneity of the Entrepreneurial Imagination,” in R. Koppl (ed.), Advances in Austrian Economics, Greenwich, CT: JAI Press, pp. 113-144. (Forthcoming.)
- Chiles, T. H., C. S. Tuggle, J. S. McMullen, L. Bierman, and D. W. Greening (2010), “Dynamic Creation: Extending the Radical Austrian Approach to Entrepreneurship,” Organization Studies, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 7-46.
Haynie, M., D. A. Shepherd, and J. S. McMullen (2009), “'An Opportunity for Me?' The Role of Resources in Opportunity Evaluation Decisions,” Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 337-361.
McMullen, J.S., Shepherd, D.A., and Patzelt, H. 2009. “Managerial (In)attention to Competitive Threats.” Journal of Management Studies, 46(2): 157-181.
McMullen, J. S., R. Bagby, and L. Palich (2008), “Economic Freedom and the Motivation to Engage in Entrepreneurial Action,” Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, Vol. 32, No. 5, September, pp. 875-895.
- Wu, C., J. S. McMullen, M. Neubert, and X. Yi (2008), “The Influence of Leader Regulatory Focus on Employee Creativity,” Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 587-602.
Wu, C., McMullen, J.S., Neubert, M., and Yi, X. 2007. “The Influence of Leader Regulatory Focus on Employee Creativity.” Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management.
Shepherd, D.A., McMullen, J.S., and Jennings, P.D. 2007. “Formation of Opportunity Beliefs: A Coherence Theory Perspective.” Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 1(1-2): 75-95.
- Zacharakis, A., J. S. McMullen, and D. A. Shepherd (2007), “Venture Capitalists’ Decision Policies across Three Countries: An Institutional Theory Perspective,” Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 38, pp. 691-708.
McMullen, J.S., Plummer, L., and Acs, Z. 2007. “What is an Entrepreneurial Opportunity?” Small Business Economics, 28(4): 273-283.
Companys, Y. and McMullen, J.S. 2007. “Strategic Entrepreneurs at Work: The Nature, Discovery, and Exploitation of Entrepreneurial Opportunities.” Small Business Economics, 28(4): 301-322.
Mitchell, R, Busenitz, L., Bird, B., Gaglio, C.M., McMullen, J.S., Morse, E., and Smith, B. 2007. “Central Questions in Entrepreneurial Cognition Research.” Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 31(1):1-27.
Dean, T.J. and McMullen, J.S. 2007. “Toward a Theory of Sustainable Entrepreneurship: Reducing Environmental Degradation through Entrepreneurial Action.” Journal of Business Venturing, 22(1): 50-76.
- Corbett, A. C. and J. S. McMullen (equal authorship) (2006), “Perceiving and Shaping New Venture Opportunities through Mindful Practice,” in A. Zacharakis and S. Spinelli (eds.), Perspectives on Entrepreneurship, New York: Praeger Publishers, Vol. II, pp. 43-64.
McMullen, J.S. and Shepherd, D.A. 2006. “Encouraging Consensus Challenging Research in Universities.” Journal of Management Studies, 43(8): 1643-1669.
McMullen, J.S. and Shepherd, D.A. 2006. “Entrepreneurial Action and the Role of Uncertainty in the Theory of the Entrepreneur.” Academy of Management Review, 31(1): 132-152.
Dean, T.J. and McMullen, J.S. 2002. “Market Failure and Entrepreneurial Opportunity.” Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management.
McMullen, J.S. and DeCastro, J. 2000. “Entrepreneurial Decision Making and Risk Assessment in the Midst of Environmental Uncertainty: The Everest Disaster.” Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management.