Business analytics majors leverage data to create more efficient business processes and more accurate performance reporting—helping businesses compete globally. If you have a penchant for mathematics, statistics, modeling, or information systems, you should consider a major or minor in business analytics.
Academies to consider: Strategic Finance, Consumer Marketing, or Supply Chain
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your “outside” courses.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least six credit hours are required.
- Major electives: Select at least five elective courses.
- Minor electives: If three required courses are completed, pick one course from the list of electives; if two required courses are completed, pick two courses from the list of electives.
- Outside courses: Select any two additional courses from the MBA Program outside of the business analytics major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
|BUS-K 507 Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling||Required|
|BUS-S 523 Data Warehousing: Concepts and Management||Required|
|BUS-K 579 Experimental Course in Decision Support Modeling,
For 2013 graduates only:
BUS-K 513 An Introduction to Data Mining
|BUS-K 508 Spreadsheet Modeling for Finance|
|BUS-K 513 An Introduction to Data Mining|
|BUS-K 515 Application Development with Visual Basics (VBA)|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation|
|BUS-A 546 Advanced Financial Statements Analysis & Valuation|
|BUS-F 508 Real Options in Capital Budgeting|
|BUS-F 525 Corporate Financial Risk Management|
|BUS-F 526 Derivative Securities|
|BUS-G 570 Thinking Strategically: Game Theory and Business Strategy|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 511 Marketing Performance and Productivity Analysis|
|BUS-M 528 Dynamic Modeling of Customer Data
|BUS-M 549 Marketing Intelligence Management|
|BUS-M 574 Pricing Management|
|BUS-P 506 Logistics and Distribution|
|BUS-P 512 Revenue Management|
|BUS-P 550 Business Process Design|
|BUS-P 579 Experimental Course in Supply Chain & Operations|