Whether you're interested in business-to-business or business-to-consumer marketing, you'll understand the art and the science behind putting customers, products, and services together at the right price and the right time with a major in marketing. Our graduates have found their niche in such companies as Target, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Ford, Caterpillar, and many others.
Recommended Academies: Business Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Consulting, Entrepreneurial Innovation, or Supply Chain
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your electives and “outside” courses.
* Take your choice of two of the three required courses.
- Minor requirements: Select at least six courses. If all three required courses are taken, then only three electives are required.
- Major electives: Select at least six courses. If all three required courses are taken, then only five electives are required. You may count M595 twice if it covers two different topics. M511, M512, and M513 cannot be double counted to fulfill both required and elective courses.
- Minor electives: Select at least four elective courses for a minor. If all three required courses are taken, then only three electives are required.
- Outside courses: You must have three credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
|BUS-M 511 Marketing Performance and Productivity Analysis||Required*|
|BUS-M 512 Marketing Strategy||Required*|
|BUS-M 513 Marketing Strategy Simulation||Required*|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 522 New Products Management|
|BUS-M 525 Legal Issues in Marketing Management|
|BUS-M 528 Dynamic Modeling of Customer Data|
|BUS-M 530 Business Marketing Strategy and Management|
|BUS-M 537 Consumer Channels Management|
|BUS-M 544 Managing Advertising and Sales Promotion|
|BUS-M 546 Marketing Strategy Practicum|
|BUS-M 549 Marketing Intelligence Management|
|BUS-M 550 Consumer Insights|
|BUS-M 574 Pricing Management|
|BUS-M 575 Brand Asset Management|
|BUS-M 579 Experimental Course in Marketing|
|BUS-M 590 Independent Study in Marketing|
|BUS-M 594 Global Marketing Management|
|BUS-M 595 Special Topics in Marketing|