Robert W. Parry
parry [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 530G
- Professor of Accounting
- Chair, Dept. of Accounting Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Advisor, Graduate Accounting Organization
- PhD, Business and Economics, Lehigh University, 1979
- MBA, Accounting, University of Scranton, 1974
- BS, Accounting, Bloomsburg State College, 1972
- Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1996-present
- Visiting Professor, Consortium of Universities for International Studies, CIMBA Program, Asolo, Italy, Summers 2004 & 2006
- Director, MPA Intensive Summer Session, 1997-2001
- Faculty Chair, Indiana University Business Conference, 1995-1997
- Coordinator, MBA Core Program, Indiana University, 1991-1994
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomigton, 1983-1996
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1979-1983
- Instructor of Accounting, Lehigh University, 1976-1979
- Teaching Assistant, Lehigh University, 1975-1976
- Adjunct Instructor of Accounting, Moravian College, 1975
- Adjunct Instructor of Economics, Moravian College, 1975
- Instructor of Accounting, Bishop Klonowski High School, 1972-1974
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Member, Lehigh University Accounting Advisory Committee, 2000-2008
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award, 2004
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award, Indiana University--Bloomington, 2003, 1998, 1996, 1992, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1983, 1982
- "Outstanding Faculty Member," Systems and Accounting Graduate Programs, 2001
- Indiana University, Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, 2000
- Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 1999
- Indiana University Distinguished Service Award, 1995
- Chairperson, Government and Nonprofit Section of the American Accounting Association, 1994-95
- Business Week, Outstanding MBA faculty at Indiana University, 1993, 1997
- "Professor Most Likely to have the Lowest Mean on an Exam," 1993
- "Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year," MBA Association, Indiana University-Bloomington, 1987
- Lilly Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow, 1981-1982
- KPMG Peat Marwick, Research Opportunities Grant
- Ernst and Young, research Opportunities Grant
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board Research Grant
- Jeanne S. Mattersdorf Award in Public Finance, National Tax association--Tax Institute of America
Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Earnings Management
Golf, Ballroom Dancing, Kayaking, Travel
- Parry, Robert W., Jr. and James Heintz (2011), College Accounting (20th Edition), Cengage Learning/South-Western Publishing.
Hite, Peggy A. and Robert W. Parry, Jr. (1994), "An Investigation of How Incorrect Examples Can Enhance Tax Rule Comprehension," Journal of Accounting Education, Spring, pp. 227-241.
Hite, Peggy A. and Robert W. Parry, Jr. (1994), "A Study of the Effectiveness of Writing Exercises as Elaboration Techniques for Teaching Tax," The Journal of the American Tax Association, Spring, pp. 172-186.
Parry, Jr., Robert W., F.Sharp, W. Wallace, and J. Vreeland (1994), "The Role of Service Efforts and Accomplishments Reporting in a Total Quality Management: Implications for Accountants," Accounting Horizons, June, pp. 25-43.
Parry, Jr., Robert W., J. Patton, J. Layey, and K. Shermann (1991), "An Empirical Analysis of Entity Reporting by Cities," Research in Accounting Regulation, pp. 99-119.
Parry, Robert W., Jr., F. Sharp, W. Wallace, and J. Vreeland (1991), Service Efforts and Accomplishment Measurement of Fire Department Activities, Norwalk, CT: Governmental Accounting Standards Board, December.
Parry, Robert W., Jr. (1990), "The Impact of Assigned Study Groups on Study Effort and Examination Performance," Issues in Accounting Education, Fall, pp. 222-239.