Managing the Merger and Acquisition Process
- 1.5 credits
- Prerequisite: MBA Core, for those not in the MBA program, graduate student status and instructor's permission
The purpose of this course is to introduce students to mergers and acquisitions as a strategy for corporate growth and diversification. Emphasis will be placed on developing an analytical framework for evaluating the overall strategic ‘fit’ of an acquisition or merger candidate and identifying the steps that must be taken to ensure that the post-acquisition integration process results in the creation of economic value for shareholders.
- Acquisitions and mergers as a corporate strategy
- Findings from research on the success of merger and acquisition strategies
- The creation of economic value via merger and acquisition strategies
- The problems of post-acquisition integration: transferring corporate capabilities, culture, and business processes
U.S. News & World Report 2009 ranked Kelley’s graduate entrepreneurship program No. 1 of all public universities in the nation.