Our three research centers—the Center for Brand Leadership, Center for Education and Research in Retailing, and Center for Global Sales Leadership—are testaments to the Kelley School’s expertise in these areas. In our centers, faculty and corporate partners work together to expand industry-specific knowledge and train students for successful careers.
- Students become better prepared for their careers by participating in activities such as seminars, case studies, competitions, and networking opportunities that complement and expand on their classroom learning.
- Faculty receive support for their research, enabling them to pursue their interests and publish thought leadership pieces that address industry concerns. Our centers also contribute to curriculum development and create instructional tools.
- Corporate partners gain valuable insight from faculty research and thought leadership, increase their presence on campus, and gain access to talented Kelley students who are potential employees.
- Center for Brand Leadership (CBL)
Taking advantage of Kelley’s reputation and expertise in brand management, the CBL develops programs and materials to train students as leaders in brand management, maintains relationships with alumni and corporate friends, and supports faculty research. The CBL sponsors the Consumer Marketing Academy and IU’s Brand Leadership Conference.
- The Center for Education and Research in Retailing (CERR)
As a source of talented professionals and innovative ideas in retailing, the CERR prepares students for challenging entry-level corporate positions, develops teaching materials, supports research projects, and provides insight into challenges and opportunities in the retailing industry. It also offers access to resources such as database marketing software and our virtual reality shopping environments.
- Center for Global Sales Leadership (CGSL)
To educate the future sales consulting workforce, the CGSL infuses the Kelley curriculum with real-world practices, generates discussion about contemporary issues in sales consulting, and engages professionals in networking and learning activities. The CGSL also sponsors the Global Sales Workshop.