Master's (MBA & Specialized)
Master’s students can pursue these degrees through the Department of Marketing:
MBA in Marketing: A Worldwide Reputation
Our Master of Business Administration program is internationally known—we were ranked second in the world by Financial Times in 2012. We are Procter & Gamble’s biggest source of brand managers, and many industrial firms hire marketing managers, product managers, account managers, and research managers from Kelley. About 30 percent of Kelley full-time MBA students declare marketing as their major, making it one of our most popular choices.
You’ll develop the foundation you need to be a complete manager, learn marketing theory, and develop practical skills to help you succeed in the workplace, making our program particularly suited to students who are switching careers.
Most marketing MBA students take these three electives:
- Marketing Performance and Productivity Analysis
- Marketing Strategy
- Applied Marketing Research
Students select other electives from our broad portfolio of courses including:
- New Products Management
- Marketing Intelligence Management
- Brand Asset Management
- Consumer Channels Management
- Business Marketing Strategy and Management
- Managing Advertising and Sales Promotion
Taught by our expert faculty members in their interactive style, this integrated and innovative curriculum provides Kelley marketing students with the very latest theory, evidence, and tools and ensures that whatever their desired career paths, Kelley marketing students are always well ahead of the knowledge curve.
Heavily Recruited Graduates
Top employers such as Procter & Gamble, 3M, GE, Nestlé, PepsiCo, Kraft, Johnson & Johnson, SABMiller, Grainger, Best Buy, Cummins, Eli Lilly, Abbott Laboratories, Interbrand, and IBM make regular trips to our campus to recruit Kelley MBA students. Our Graduate Career Services office excels at job placement and offers you abundant career resources.
As a marketing MBA student, you can take advantage of a variety of opportunities to get career-related experience and knowledge, including two Kelley academies that offer advanced course work and hands-on experiences:
- The Business Marketing Academy, for students interested in working for business-to-business firms
- The Consumer Marketing Academy, for students interested in brand management
- Bloomington Brands, a brand management company that’s staffed by Kelley MBA students
- Our annual Brand Leadership Conference for students and alumni
- Regional and national case competitions
- The Kelley Marketing Club