Master's (MBA & Specialized)
Spreadsheet Modeling for Marketing
- 1.5 credits
- Prerequisite: K507
In this course we will use optimization and Monte Carlo simulation to help the student learn how to analyze many important marketing problems. Many of our topics will use both optimization and simulation. The primary emphasis of the course will be on modeling the financial return on marketing investments, optimal pricing and forecasting.
- Using Monte Carlo simulation for customer value modeling
- Using Monte Carlo simulation to estimate ROI on marketing strategies
- Media selection models and sales force allocation models
- AHP and goal programming for multiple objective decision-making
- Estimating a demand curve and using it for optimal pricing.
- Global pricing issues: exchange rate variation and gray imports.
- Nonlinear pricing: bundling and quantity discounts. Introduction to logistic regression.
- Logistic regression and discrete choice analysis for pricing and product line selection.
- Cluster analysis and collaborative filtering, forecasting with special factors. Introduction to yield management
- Yield management continued. TSP model, optimal layout of shopping malls, designing a 7-11 via sales complementarity
- Forecasting sales of a new product: S curves, Bass model, and movie revenue forecasting
- Using Risk Optimizer to determine optimal ordering policies
- Queuing Theory: Managing customer Service