F. Robert Jacobs
jacobs [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 670E
- Professor of Operations Management
- Chase Faculty Fellow
- Honors I-Core Faculty Lead
- PhD, Operations Management, Ohio State University, 1979
- MBA, Ohio State University, 1976
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Ohio State University, 1972
- BS, Computer Science, Ohio State University, 1972
- Indiana University, 1982-present
- University of Houston, 1979-82
- Ohio State University, 1975-79
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Past President and Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute
- Board of Directors, APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- MBA Teaching Innovation Award
- Students Award for Teaching Excellence in International Business Issues
- Teaching Excellence in Operations Management
Supply Chain Design, Supply Chain Planning and Control, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
Jacobs, F. Robert, and Peter Salzarulo (2012), "The Incremental Value of Central Control in Serial Supply Chain," International Journal of Production Research, forthcoming.
Jacobs, F. Robert and Richard Chase (2012), Operations and Supply Chain Management – The Core (3rd Edition), Chicago: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
Cattani, Kyle, F. Robert Jacobs, and Jan Schoenfelder (2011), “Common Inventory Modeling Assumptions that Fall Short: Arborescent networks, Poisson Demand, and Single-Echelon Approximations,” Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, Issue 5, July, pp. 488-499.
Read Abstract ››
- Jacobs, F. Robert and Richard Chase (2010), Operations and Supply Chain Management (13th Edition), Chicago: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.