Application Hosting Policies
In early 2002, Technology Operations & Services Software Support team in collaboration with our Financial Research Team brought an application server online to host several financial database applications. This server is also intended for the express use of instructor-based applications for student research and discovery such as server-based simulations and project-oriented design. To inquire about Application Hosting possibilities for your class please email email@example.com or call 812.855.4247.
Requirements for Having an Application Hosted
In order for an application to be hosted with Technology Operations & Services the product must meet the following requirements:
1. The application must be a 32-bit application and designed to work in a Windows 2000 Active Directory Services environment.
2. A legally licensed network application, either per seat or per user. User will be asked at time of contact to provide proof of licensing before application will go into the testing phase of production cycle.
3. Consume less than 512 MB of system resources at system idle and require an installation volume of less than 8GB.
In order for your application hosting experience to be a successful one we ask that you give our team at least 4-6 weeks before the application is supposed to go into production. At the time of contact from one of our application server administrators, we will ask that you detail your expectations for the application, the timeline for applications deployment, a list of network usernames of who will utilize the product, and any media, installation instructions, licensing information, and updates for the product. Please also submit any and all other viable information that you might think that technician will need in order to “go live” with the application.
Currently Hosted Applications
- MS Project Server 2002
- MSDNAA Download Center
- BASIS 2002
- SNL Datasource
*** No Software that could be considered a Downgrade in versions from the current version installed in the labs will be considered for deployment.
Compaq ProLiant 3000
- Intel® Pentium® III 550-MHz or 500-MHz processor (dual processor capability)
- 512-KB level 2 write-back cache per processor
- 100-MHz GTL Bus Design
- ECC-protected memory bus and cache
- 128-MB 100-MHz SDRAM (Model 1) or 256-MB 100-MHz SDRAM (Model Array) memory expandable to 4 GB
- Five PCI and three shared PCI/ISA slots (eight total slots)
- Internal mass storage capacity up to 218.4 GB (Ultra2 drive cage, 182 GB hot pluggable with ten 1" 18.2 GB Wide Ultra2 SCSI drives)
- Internal mass storage capacity up to 254.8 GB (Optional Simplex or Duplex drive cage, 218.4 GB hot pluggable with six 1.6" 36.4 GB Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 drives)
- Compaq NC3120 10/100 TX PCI UTP Controller (in a slot)
- Integrated Dual Channel Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 Adapter (Model 1)
- Smart Array 3200 Controller in PCI slot (Model Array)
- Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 Drive Cage standard in Model 1
- Wide Ultra2 SCSI Drive Cage standard in Model Array
- Integrated Remote Console and Automatic Server Recovery-2 (ASR-2)
- 750/500-Watt Hot Pluggable Power Supply with optional Hot Plug Redundant Power Supply (RPS)
- Integrated Management Display (IMD) (optional for Model 1)
- Compaq Insight Manager and SmartStart
- Protected by a three-year, on-site limited warranty1 and
HP SureStore DAT 24X6
- This labor-saving autoloader provides an automated backup solution for small to midrange servers
- Based on HP's ultra-fast DDS-4 drive, the DAT24x6 can store 24 GB compressed in less than two hours
- Can automatically do five daily backups and a cleaning cycle in a weekly schedule using the software
- If a tape is full, the backup will continue on the next tape, offering scalability and assurance
- HP SureStore AutoBackup enables networked PCs, even remote users, to back up their data and view and restore current or previous files quickly, 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world
- Includes cables, rails, magazine of 5 DDS-4 cartridges, a cleaning cartridge, and TapeWare software
- Offers 'plug-and-play' compatibility with top servers, operating systems and backup software
- This DDS-4 autoloader reads and writes DDS-2 and DDS-3 media (DDS-1 read-only)
- Autoloader comes in internal and external models to suit most environments
- A 3-year warranty with next-day unit exchange and system matching on HP systems and HP Customer Care