- Seville, Spain (Study Abroad/Internship, Summer 2011)
- Santiago, Chile (Kelley Emerging Economies, March 2011)
- Advisory – CIO Services Intern (PwC, Summer 2012)
- International Marketing Intern (Genera Interactive, Summer 2011)
- Information Technology Intern (Crown Point Graphics, Summer 2010)
Campus involvement/clubs/community activities:
- Indiana University Student Association (Student Body President and former Student Body Treasurer)
- Out for Undergraduate Business Conference (Campus Ambassador)
- Singing Hoosiers (Riser Choreographer & Varsity Dancer)
- Kelley Undergraduate Consulting Workshop
Career goal: After a couple of years as a management consultant, I hope to attend graduate school to earn a joint MBA/JD degree before returning to my consulting career. Ten years from now, I see myself having enough exposure to industries and service lines from my time in consulting and the adequate education from graduate school to start my own non-profit business and initiate my philanthropic pursuits.
Best IU experience so far: Having my organization successfully develop, promote, and pass the “Indiana Lifeline Bill,” Senate Bill (SB) 274, into state law.
One thing I want to do before I leave Bloomington/campus: Sleep on a normal schedule for an entire week.
Favorite movie and why: Inception. Christopher Nolan is a genius.
Favorite class at IU and why: “The Scientific Understanding of Sex & Gender.” Throughout the course, I analyzed for the first time the gender binary and pre-constructed expectations of men and women that exist in society as the result of millions of discourses throughout history . Once I grasped this concept, I realized that what society has constructed to be true is not necessarily correct nor permanent. The course completely changed my perspective on what I know and why I know it. Since this class, I have been able to dissect various aspects of my culture that have remained relatively constant, particularly within the realm of sexuality and gender norms, and I now test these pre-constructed ideas while continuously encouraging others to do the same.
Something I’m really passionate about: I am most passionate about advocacy for equal rights.
Something that would surprise people about me (or a fun fact): I made it to the final round of auditions to become a new cast member on Glee in December of 2010!