Major: Economic Consulting, Public Policy Analysis, Marketing
Minor: Psychology, Spanish
Certificate: Business of Life Sciences
Any special scholarships: Kelley Scholar
Overseas study: Seville, Spain CIEE Summer Internship Program
- Healthcare Operations Advisory Intern for PwC-Chicago
- Financial Consultant for Fundacion Progreso y Salud- Seville, Spain
- Marketing Director for the Kinsey Institute’s Post-Partum Depression Lab, Bloomington, IN
Campus involvement/clubs/community activities:
- Bring Hannah Home Consultant – 180 Degrees Consulting
- Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity – Community Service Associate Director
- Phi Mu Sorority – Philanthropy Chair- Executive Council
- Civic Leadership Development (Alternative Spring Break) –Assistant Site Leader
- Global Business Brigades – Vice President of Program Development
- IUSA- Funding Board Representative and Director of Multi-cultural Affairs
- Indian Student Association- Marketing Chair and Masti Board Member
- Trockman Microfinance Initiative- Treasurer
- Student Business Ambassador
- Kelley Student Government
Career goal: Pursue healthcare consulting and eventually go to medical school specializing in pediatrics or get an MBA.
Best IU experience so far: Running the Nearly Naked Mile with my entire freshman year dorm and jumping into Showalter Fountain at the end.
One thing I want to do before I leave Bloomington/campus: I want to go skydiving and take the Middle Eastern Dance class. Also, I want to visit the Buddhist Monastery and eat at all the Ethnic restaurants.
My greatest role model and why: My aunt for becoming an entrepreneur and opening her own pediatric clinic in India as well as creating a high school for girls in her hometown.
Favorite class at IU and why: My favorite class at IU was HPER-O 131 White Water Rafting. I signed up with my roommates and it was nice to take a break from everything and go white water rafting for a weekend on the Nantahala River in North Carolina.
Favorite musical artist/group: A little bit of everything, but primarily Bollywood music.
Something that would surprise people about me or a fun fact: I’m certified to teach tomahawk throwing. Also, even though my last name is Kumar, no, I don’t know any Harolds and I’ve never been to White Castle.