Milan, Italy (IU-Administered Semester Program)
Semester Exchange in Milan
Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
- Fashionable city of northern Italy
- Commercial and financial capital of Italy
- Blend of modern and historic architecture
- February to July—OR—
- September to December
- Reciprocal exchange with Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (www.unibocconi.eu)
- 6,000 undergraduate students
- Orientation with intensive Italian—non–credit
- Courses in business and economics taught in English at Università Bocconi, Italy’s most prestigious private business university
- 12 IU credits
- Required non–credit intensive Italian
- 12 credits in university courses (www.ir.unibocconi.eu/coe)
You may apply if you
- are any business student on the Bloomington campus only who is making normal degree progress
- are in at least your third full–time semester of college
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- have completed (or will complete) E201, E202, and Business Integrative Core
- have at least a B average in Italian**
** Second semester Italian preferred but not required.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Apartments with Italian students
- Dorm rooms
Additional Program Information
Estimated Spring 2013 Costs
- Fee paid to IU: (academic fees, health insurance)
- Indiana Resident: $4174.00
- Nonresident: $13504.00
A $500 deposit will be due to Franklin Hall Room 300 within two weeks of acceptance
- Mandatory Italian Language course: $200
Housing: $3675 – $4900
Miscellaneous: $3675 – $4900
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarship applications will be made available after acceptance to the program
- Edward L. Hutton International Experiences Group (HIEP)
- Find general information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities here: www.indiana.edu/~overseas/basics/finaid.shtml
Fall 2013: Monday, February 18, 2013
*Important: Because the Bocconi Milan Exchange Program is extremely competitive, we strongly urge you to also apply to the IES Milan Program through the Overseas Study Office as a backup. If you are not accepted into the Bocconi Milan Exchange Program, you will be considered for the IES Milan Program. Please note that the Spring Bocconi program runs through late June/early July.
IU committee screens applications for final approval. Notification of application status sent electronically within four weeks of application deadline.