Bertin F. Nadeau, D.B.A. (DBA '72)
Academy of Alumni Fellows 1992
- 1961 B.A., Collège Saint-Louis(Edmundston, Nouveau-Brunswick, Canada)
- 1964 L.Sc.Com., École des Hautes Études Commerciales (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
- 1971 D.B.A. Indiana University (Bloomington, Indiana, É-U.)
Mr. Bertin F. Nadeau is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GescoLynx Inc., a private holding company.
Mr. Nadeau started his career as a university professor at l'École des Hautes Études Commerciales de Montrèal (HEC) in 1969. In 1976 he left the university to become an entrepreneur. He acquired control of several companies, private and public. From 1982 until 1994 he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Unigesco Inc., a public holding company. Amongst other investments, Unigesco held a controlling interest in Provigo Inc., one of Canada's largest food distributors. Mr. Nadeau was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Provigo from 1989 till 1993. Since 1994 Mr. Nadeau manages his own private holding company, GescoLynx Inc. which owns Casavant Frères, a world renowned pipe organ builder and Breuvages Kiri, a regional bottler of soft drinks and spring water. Mr. Nadeau is chairman of both these companies.
Mr. Nadeau is a member of the Board of Directors of Lafarge North America Inc., Sun Life Financial Inc., Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada and the Montreal General Hospital Foundation.HONORARY DEGREES AND DISTINCTIONS
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws, Queen's University
- Honorary Degree of Doctor in Finance, Moncton University
- Honorary Degree of Doctor in Business Administration, Sainte-Anne University
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Civil Law, Bishop's University
- Academy of Alumni Fellows Award of Indiana University
- Award of distinction of the Quebec Acadian Federation
- Award of distinction of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration of Concordia University