fisherg [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 660E
- Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
- PhD, University of Washington, 2012
- MBA, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, 2004
- BComm (Hons), University of Johannesburg, 2002
- BAcct, University of KwaZulu-Natal, 1997
- Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Expert Contributor and Advisor, Entrepreneur Magazine, South Africa
- Cofounder and Director, Learninglab Inc.
- Senior Manager, Deloitte
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- MBA Teaching Award, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2011
- Outstanding Instructor Award, University of Washington, Professional and Continuing Education Business Fundamentals Program, 2011
- Doctoral Student Paper Award, Western Academy of Management meeting, 2011
- Best Paper Award, Southern Management Association Meeting, Ethics/Diversity Track, 2011
- MBA Teaching Award, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2010
- Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division IDEA Award for Research Promise, 2010
- Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award from International Leadership Association, 2010
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice Award for the Best Conceptual Paper for the Annual Meeting of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management, 2009
- Doctoral Student Paper Award, Southern Management Association Meeting, Entrepreneurship/Innovation Track, 2009
Entrepreneurship, Corporate Entrepreneurship, International Management
Family, Running, Cycling
Fisher, G. (2012), "Effectuation and Entrepreneurial Bricolage: A Behavioral Approach to Compare Emerging Theories in Entrepreneurship Research" Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, forthcoming.
Fisher, G. (2009), "Personality, Uncertainty and Logic: Impact on Entrepreneurial Outcomes," Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, P. Davidsson (Ed.), Chicago, Illinois.
Abdo, A and Greg Fisher (2007) "The Impact of Reported Corporate Governance Disclosure on the Financial Performance of Companies listed on the JSE," Investment Analyst Journal, 66, 43-56.