Dan R. Dalton
dalton [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 478
- Professor of Management and Dean Emeritus of the Kelley School of Business
- Harold A. Poling Chair of Strategic Management
- Founding Director of the Institute for Corporate Governance
- PhD, University of California-Irvine, 1979
- MBA, California State-Long Beach, 1975
- BS, California State-Long Beach, 1969
Corporate Governance, Strategic Leadership, Research Methods & Analyses
- Consultation and Expert Testimony in a Variety of Litigation Contexts
- Governance, Strategic Leadership, and Risk Assessment in a Variety of Corporate Contexts
- Aguinis, Herman, C. A. Pierce, F. A. Bosco, Dan R. Dalton, and C. M. Dalton (2011), "Debunking Myths and Urban Legends about Meta-Analysis," Organizational Research Methods, Vol. 14, No. 2, April, pp. 306-331.
- Aguinis, H., Dan R. Dalton, F. A. Bosco, C. A. Pierce, and C. M. Dalton (2011), "Meta-Analytic Choices and Judgment Calls: Implications for Theory Development and Testing, Obtained Effect Sizes, and Scholarly Impact," Journal of Management, Vol. 37, No. 1, January, pp. 5-38.
- Dalton, Dan R. and C. M. Dalton (2011), "The Integration of Micro- and Macro-Studies in Corporate Governance Research: CEO Duality, Board Composition, and Financial Performance," Organizational Research Methods, Vol. 37, No. 2, March, pp. 404-411.
- Hillman, A., C. Shropshire, S. T. Certo, Dan R. Dalton, and C. M. Dalton (2011), "What I Like About You: A Multi-Level Study of Shareholder Discontent with Director Monitoring," Organization Science, Vol. 22, No. 3, May-June, pp. 675-687.
Dalton, Dan R. and C. M. Dalton (2010), "Boards of Directors: A Collision of Theories and Collapsing Applications," in J. Boatright (ed.), Finance Ethics: Critical Issues in Financial Theory and Practice, Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Dalton, Dan. R. and C. M. Dalton (2009), "Forethought: Women Gain (Hidden) Ground in the Boardroom," Harvard Business Review (Special Issue -- Take Charge Leadership), Vol. 87, No. 1, January, pp. 23.