Kelley Connect Weeks
Build connections on campus and in person
Your online education kicks off with Kelley Connect Week, an intensive seven-day introduction to the Kelley Direct Program, held in person and on location on Indiana University’s beautiful Bloomington campus. While you’re here during your master’s or MBA orientation week, you’ll start building lifelong connections and discovering new pathways and opportunities for your future.
First-Year Kelley Connect Week
In your first Kelley Connect Week, at the beginning of your MBA or MS degree program, you will:
- Participate in our welcome ceremony for new students
- Attend academic advising sessions
- Start your rigorous Kelley curriculum with a 1.5 credit hour course, Topics in Directed Business Interaction, taught by an elite faculty team
- Be introduced to marketing, strategic analysis, financial value, supply chain management, and ethical challenges in business
- Team with your classmates on a case to understand a real business problem
- Prepare a solution with your team to present to corporate executives during a case competition
- Gain a better understanding of your professional goals
It’s not all work! You’ll also network with Kelley School deans, faculty, staff, fellow students, and alumni during the Kelley Direct Welcome Dinner and at Nick’s English Hut, an iconic Bloomington pub. Plus, you’ll have a chance to tour Assembly Hall, the home of Indiana University basketball.
Second-Year Kelley Connect Week
MBA students return for another Kelley Connect Week at the beginning of their second year of their program, further building connections with classmates, faculty, and business leaders, and to:
- Take the Topics in Business Analysis course
- Learn about the market impacts of disruptive technology, emerging markets, strategic decision making, financial risk, and other relevant business topics
- Work with a team for a second case competition, this time with a global focus
View the complete Kelley Direct academic calendar.